Tailored West School of Alterations and Design
Tailored West School of Alterations and Design in Cañon City, Colorado
Fall 2022 Class Size Limited.
"There are Dreams that need to be followed, and there are opportunities in this exciting, fast-paced field of study!
We look forward to helping you realize both!"
~ Nanci Kezar
Founder of Tailored West, Inc and the Tailored West School of Alterations and Design
According to business forecasts for clothing industries, the demand for American-made clothing, fashioning, repurposing, redesigning and alterations is expected to skyrocket over the next few years.
Our curriculum is being carefully planned to maximize each students earning potential, while ensuring that skills required to succeed are achieved before the student moves on to the next course. Within each course, students will have practical application to the course study as well as hands-on experience every day of class.
At Tailored West, our production team manufactures the majority of the exceptional quality clothing and jewelry that are sold in their stores. Tailored West is currently expanding TW into the store space next door to increase showroom and manufacturing spaces and add an area for fashion shows. The new space will be named TW Soirée. Nanci, TW's founder/owner, said that with this expansion, she has come to realize that she will not be able to experience continued growth in her business without the development of a greater pool of skilled professionals.
The Tailored West School of Alterations and Design will advance each student through a series of experience-intense exercises.
Each specific course will prepare students for every aspect of working at or running a successful Business.
- Alterations Business
- Tailoring Business
- Design House/ Couture
- Bridal shop
- Boutique buyer, merchandiser, manager or owner
- Light apparel production and manufacturing
- Students graduating from Tiers I and II of the Tailored West School of Alterations and Design will be introduced to an entire world of opportunity earning a fair wage as an alterationist. The opportunity for immediate placement is amazing and demand is increasing!
- Students graduating from Tier III of the Tailored West School of Alterations and Design will be certified as a Tailor. This graduate can expect to enter into a very rewarding career earning a respectable wage as a Tailor. Placement in Men's Wear, "Better Goods," and Design Houses offers World Wide opportunity and demand is increasing!
- Students graduating from Tiers IV and V of the Tailored West School of Alterations and Design will be equipped with skills necessary to launch their own apparel line, operate light manufacturing, start their own business in Bridal, Couture, Boutique.
- Some Business courses at Pueblo Community College may be recommended depending on how the students goals dictate.