What has TIME taught YOU "Girl Boss"? 1
I love the age I am at....the "level".
If I think of each year as a new "Level" that I've grown up into. A higher level in which I have stretched and grown, but totally been tossed around and blown over....I can embrace these years. These LEVELS. They are my friends. Funny to think of TIME, as a friend. TIME. My sidekick that I look over my shoulder at and wink. TIME. My shadow of a past filled with goals, disappointments and lessons. TIME. My teacher now cheering me on as I have finally grown up to the title "Girl Boss". TIME. Who has taught me how to lead with love, fairness, and selflessness. TIME. Who has knocked me on my BUTT when I have attempted to lead or serve any other way....with an ego...with overly aggressive plans, or just simply without a well designed PLAN!
My gorgeous and smart Daughter gave me a book for Christmas. I highly recommend this for you Ladies that want to be a Girl Boss, are already a Boss and want to be a better Boss, or know a Girl who wants....well you get my point!
If I had read this earlier in my journey I could have come further, faster....but that wan't how things went. Some of us have to come up the back staircase to the best level at the perfect time.
Enjoy the level you are at today.
Challenge yourself to step up and keep stepping up until you reach your goals!
- Amber Harding
"Art in Fashion with Sustainable Purpose". 0
Friends, we live in an amazing time of creative freedom in fashion. As a Designer I am super excited about the future launch of "Ver'e'ne Revival"!
Coming in March 2018 so be sure to follow us on Facebook so you don't miss a beat!
Bring us Your unwanted Jeans, Laces, Buttons, Leather Boots of any kind, flannel shirts, and leather clothing.Enjoy complimentary Coffee or tea and treats, and receive a coupon redeemable on ANY American Made item! Candles, Clothes, ANYTHING American Made! Both Stores!
There is no monetary exchange for the items you bring in...However, you have our promise...
- We promise we will breathe new life into the items, our community, our trainees and our employees.
- By exercising our talents in training, encouraging creativity, providing fair wages.
- By providing our team an environment of mentoring, love and encouragement.
- Tailored West is open to the public six days a week.
- Providing our community and all guests to our community a very special shopping experience.
- Because our Designing and manufacturing is on-site at our Canon City location, guests can enjoy a glimpse of the creative process.
I feel this new adventure is going to be highly rewarding in a multitude of ways and I thank you in advance for your interest and any contributions, whether your prayers, your encouraging words, your visits or your "stuff"!
God Bless America, God bless You!
- Nanci Kezar
Notes from a YWAM meeting that touched me deeply. 1
HI Friends, Thanks for dropping by!
I'm excited to write this and I hope you enjoy the information and are motivated in some way!
We attended an inspirational meeting last night and I wanted to spread some of these Affirmations of the YWAM Wealth Creation Manifesto. This meeting was in Colorado Springs at the YWAM School of Business and Entrepreneurship DTS.
We were warmly greeted and treated to dessert and coffee and then the true treat began...
Learning about the affirmations of the Lausanne Movement and Business As Mission (BAM)
I'm just going to mention a few that highly resonated with me:
- We are created in God's image, to co-create with Him and for Him, to create products and services for the common good.
- Wealth creation is a holy calling, and a God-given gift, which is commended in the Bible.
- There is a universal calling to generosity, and contentment is a virtue, but material simplicity is a personal choice, and involuntary poverty should be alleviated.
- Wealth creation through business has proven power to lift people and nations out of poverty.
- The purpose of wealth creation through business goes beyond giving generously although that is to be commended; good business has intrinsic value as a means of material provision and can be an agent of positive transformation in society.
- Feeling thankful beyond measure to be able to do what I was created to do.
- Thankful for this great Nation and our FREEDOMS to pursue dreams won at such great cost.
- Thankful that I get to teach others my trade, share my passion, and use my God-given gifts for serve God and people.
- Nanci Kezar
Independence in Fashion. Independence in Design. 0
Here's a thought from Nanci: Pray for our Nation, Work Hard and Be Nice, Pray for your dreams....Work Hard for your dreams....Love your Employees, Pray for your Employees, Pray for your Customers, your vendors....Work Harder than ever, and be an independent Free thinking person.
free from outside control; not depending on another's authority.
synonyms: freethinking, free, individualistic; More
synonyms: self-governing, self-ruling, self-determining, sovereign, autonomous, free, nonaligned"an independent country"
not influenced by others; impartial."a thorough and independent investigation of the case"
synonyms: impartial, unbiased, unprejudiced, neutral, disinterested, uninvolved, uncommitted, detached, dispassionate, objective, nonpartisan, nondiscriminatory"independent advice"
not depending on another for livelihood or subsistence."I wanted to remain independent in old age"
synonyms: self-sufficient, self-supporting, self-reliant, standing on one's own two feet antonyms: dependent
capable of thinking or acting for oneself."advice for independent travelers"
(of income or resources) making it unnecessary to earn one's living."a woman of independent means"
There is much more to say about this POWERFUL word....But these few points tell a big story and inspire me!
- Nanci Kezar
Why try? 0
If at first you don't succeed.....you know the rest.....Try Try AGAIN!
Friends, I have attempted many endeavors in my 55 years that have come to a sudden end. They needed to.
Tailored West is different! It cannot end because every day as I arrive bright and early, I WANT to be here... I WANT to be doing this! It is not money that keeps me trying to grow my label Ver'e'ne and my company, Tailored West.
It is an internal passion to create something beautiful and lasting. Something that inspires others. Something that the entire team can embrace. Something they can own and believe in. A business wherein each employee's contribution is irreplaceable.
Why try....and what are we trying to do??
Ver'e'ne is a growing label in Colorado that has several "Legs" to stand on!
1. Quality fabrics. Some Vintage touches, some organic and natural touches, but the primary characteristics QUALITY and HAND (Fabulous to the touch).
2. Fit. Ver'e'ne Fits American women. If you are a size Medium. You will wear Medium in Ver'e'ne....Not a size UP because the garment was made off-shore.
3. Quality construction. We do not cut corners on construction in any way.
4. Style. Fashion with flair. Fashion that is Pretty and fashion that is feminine!
In the effort to bring to Colorado, fabulous, American made quality clothing for women, I just spent days in Dallas sourcing fabrics for the upcoming designs.
Arriving in a few day, the largest, most exciting collection of colors and textures yet so stay tuned as we roll out an unexpected and refreshing collection of Ver'e'ne!
Thanks for spending a minute with a dreamer!
Let's talk about Chiffon.... 0
I think this word feels elegant, sophisticated and ohhhh so soft on the lips. The French know all about language, and it amazes me how so many French words have a way of feeling like the object as spoken!
a light, sheer fabric typically made of silk or nylon.
"a chiffon blouse"
(of a cake or dessert) made with beaten egg whites to give a light consistency.
modifier noun: chiffon
Ver'e'ne Chiffon lined Skirts are amazingly feminine!
Chiffon (French pronunciation: [ʃi.fɔ̃]; English pronunciation /ʃɪˈfɒn/, shiff-on, from the French word for a cloth or rag) is a lightweight, balanced plain-woven sheer fabric woven of alternate S- and Z-twist crepe (high-twist) yarns. The twist in the crepe yarns puckers the fabric slightly in both directions after weaving, giving it some stretch and a slightly rough feel.
Many Ver'e'ne cascading vests, peasant blouses, and dresses are coming out this season for the most colorful, joyous, dressing!!
Early chiffon was made purely from silk. In 1938, however, a nylon version of chiffon was invented, and in 1958 polyester chiffon was invented and became immensely popular due to its resilience and low cost. Under a magnifying glass chiffon resembles a fine net or mesh which gives it some transparency.
The Girls having a great time with a recent photo shoot! Shelby in Double D and Anna feeling pretty in Ver'e'ne Chiffon!!
Chiffon is (was) most commonly used in evening wear, especially as an overlay, for giving an elegant and floating appearance to the gown. It is also a popular fabric used in blouses, ribbons, scarves and lingerie. Like other crêpe fabrics, chiffon can be difficult to work with because of its light and slippery texture. Due to this delicate nature, chiffon must be hand washed very gently.
.....NOW....Jasmine Pants are rolling out at Tailored West! We can't make them fast enough!! They are AMAZINGLY PRETTY AND AMAZINGLY COMFORTABLE!
VER'E'NE Chiffon is smoother and more lustrous than the similar fabric georgette, and you just MUST come and see all the new pieces in this illustrious fabric by Ver'e'ne!
God bless you Beautiful Women, and know that YOU are marvelously made, and greatly Loved!
- Nanci Kezar